Bluffdale Splash pad season is Memorial-Labor Day. The water will be off on September 7, 2021. Thanks for a great year!
City-provided athletic fields are available at the City Park and Parry Farms, which include one large soccer field, two softball/baseball fields and four pickleball courts. Bluffdale also provides a centrally-located equestrian arena at the west end of the City Park. In addition, there are approximately 16 miles of trails within the City, which include the Jordan River Parkway Trail and several pedestrian and equestrian routes.
Splash Pad in Independence
*Note: The splash pads are open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
We braved the rain but the sun came out just in time on Friday, May 24, 2019 as the Mayor, City Council and Staff held a ribbon cutting ceremony to open the Independence Park located at 15245 South Noell Nelson Drive in the Independence at the Point neighborhood.
The park was originally approved as part of the overall development in 2012. It is another outstanding amenity for the community and addition to the City parks and trails network. The park was completed by using impact fee funds meaning the residents of Independence pay for this park.
City officials encourage residents and all who visit the park to take good care of it and treat it as your own so it will remain a vibrant place for fun for many years to come.
Sometimes with new equipment and systems, there are a few issues of concern or items to be adjusted. City Staff is always committed and working hard to make sure everything is functioning properly. Here are a few updates and reminders about the park operations:
- The restrooms are open and functional. There was damage during construction which delayed them being available for the opening. The parts have been replaced and they are open for use.
- Portable restrooms and a wash station were provided while the restrooms were not functional. Unfortunately, these units were vandalized and damaged over the weekend. If anyone knows anything about this damage, you are encouraged to please contact the City Parks Department at 801-254-2200.
- The splash pad is one of the best features! It is open daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. With all of the above ground elements, we remind everyone to take good care of them and use them properly. There may be an occasion when the splash pad may be turned off for maintenance; so, if it is not functioning that would be the reason.
- The playground equipment is provided by Kompan. This equipment is new to our City but is popular in other communities. There has been some concern about the 2-5 age playground equipment and accessing the slide. Staff contacted the vendor to inquire about this and was given information by the manufacturer regarding the theory in their play equipment as follows:
“Our products are designed to address the demands of one or more key areas of child development and are able to cover specific curriculum requirements. We can blend a suitable selection of products for an exciting, fun play solution that fits children’s needs. The age group 2-6 need to practice their gross motor and sensory skills. The level of refinement in physical activities increase steadily. Play elements are designed to be a challenge each time a child experiences it which encourages them to come back again and again until the skills are mastered.
For example, at 2 years of age a child may need assistance at first; but as they grow to 5 years of age, they will have gained the skills necessary to complete the task.”
Park staff will continue monitor this equipment over the next few weeks and work with the vendor to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- The City encourages everyone who visits the park or uses the trails to keep them clean. Please take a minute as you leave to clean up garbage, clothing or other personal items and encourage your children and friends to do the same.
- We want everyone to be safe while visiting the park so please be kind and courteous. If you see anything concerning, please contact the City.
We hope everyone will come and enjoy this park for many years to come. Help the City keep it a beautiful place we can all take pride in.